Life is VERY Good!
March for Life Pilgrimage
When and Where
January 23rd-24th in Washington, D.C.
Who's it for?
8th-12th grade students
THURSDAY, JANUARY 23
• 2:30pm: Meet at St. Catharine (please make arrangements to be excused from school early)
• 3:00pm: Depart for Washington, D.C. via Cardinal Transportation
•11:30pm: Check into hotel in Fairfax, Virginia
FRIDAY, JANUARY 24
• 7:30am Wake up and eat continental breakfast at hotel
• 8:15am Leave for Life is Very Good Rally and Mass ( Includes a Chick-fil-A lunch to go)
• 11:00am Depart for the National Mall for the March for Life
• 1:00pm March for Life begins
• 5:00pm Bus pickup at Union Station and return to Columbus (arrive ~1:00am)
*Scholarships are available. We never want cost to be a hindrance at St. Catharine.
• Money for two (1-2) meals
• Reusable water bottle
• Warm clothing (hat, scarf, gloves)
• Boots that keep your feet warm and dry
• Rain-friendly jacket
• Snacks, appropriate movies, and homework for the bus ride
• Toiletries and medication
• Some students will need to bring a sleeping bag and pillow, but you will be notified personally if that is you.
• This is a pilgrimage, not a sight-seeing trip
• There will be at least a 1:6 ratio of adults to students
• All adult chaperones will be in compliance with Safe Environment Policies for the Diocese of Columbus
• If you BRING it, you have to CARRY it.
• We are in D.C. for less than 24 hours, so you really don't need much.
• Ask questions before the trip – waiting until we’re on the trip is too late.
• Students may bring cell phones, however please keep in mind this is a pilgrimage. So limit your time with these items and be present. Leave other valuable items at home.
• Be spiritually prepared: spend time praying and contemplating the meaning and purpose of this pilgrimage.
• Make a good Confession.
• Offer up the inconveniences of group travel for those lives lost to abortion.
CODE OF BEHAVIOR
The Participant shall comply with the following:
• The Participant must stay and participate in the entire event. The Participant may not leave the premises unless accompanied by an adult leader, parent, or legal guardian.
• The possession or use of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or weapons of any kind is not permitted.
• Foul language is not tolerated.
• The Participant must comply with any and all directions of activity staff.
• The Participant must respect the rights and property of others. Damage to or defacing of property will be the financial responsibility of
the Participant involved and the undersigned.
• Failure to abide by this Code of Behavior may result in a request to the undersigned to transport the offending Participant from the
premises, and the undersigned shall immediately comply with the request.
March for Life Registration
Contact Brendan at firstname.lastname@example.org